Supporting two trusts via our Energy Advisory Framework
- Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and Poole Hospital NHS Foundation Trust have both signed up to our Energy Advisory Framework.
- Essentia will be supporting each trust in appointing a technical advisor, following the successful completion of their Investment Grade Audits by British Gas and Breathe Energy.
- A technical advisor will allow each trust to undertake an independent review of the audit to ensure the feasibility of the recommendations and offer assurance that the findings are correct. They can also ensure that any potential problems are highlighted now prior to the client progressing to the next phase.
- Essentia will be running a mini-competition via our new Energy Advisory Framework to appoint the technical advisor. For further information on the framework please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Thinking about waste management in a new way
- Alexandra Hammond, Associate Director, Sustainability is one of three sustainability and waste experts talking to The Guardian this week on how ‘circular economy principles help NHS meet cost and environmental targets’.
- Alexandra’s article makes the point that in a cash-strapped economy, we can’t afford to waste valuable resources. Alexandra also gives interesting examples of things she has done with Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust. She says that waste must be approached as a resource – it has value and we must understand it better.
- Read the full article here.
Reviewing the NHS Standard Contract for 2015-16
- NHS England are currently accepting comments on the NHS Standard Contract used by NHS commissioners. Comments are welcome until Friday 12 September and a discussion paper and response document are available setting out the key issues. The feedback received will then be used to inform an update for the 2015-16 contract.
- The NHS Standard Contract is mandated by NHS England for use by NHS commissioners to contract for all healthcare services other than primary care.