Quality environments help patients to get better more quickly.
We work with clients all over the world to create the best environments and ensure they are clinically and financially sustainable. Our success is based on four factors:
- Experts with diverse backgrounds. We have one of the largest dedicated healthcare planning teams in the UK. Our consultants have backgrounds in architecture, medicine, finance, informatics, simulation modelling, NHS management and NHS operations.
- An ability to support a project at any stage. We can work with clients through the whole process, from early research and modelling to design and implementation.
- Research-based thinking. We are at the forefront of research and best practice in healthcare planning, and our plans are based on informed thinking, not template solutions.
- An integrated approach. We consider the estate from a joint perspective, incorporating clinical strategy, property, capital development, technology and sustainability.
What we do
- Capacity modelling
- Simulation modelling
- Business case development
- Evidence-based design
- Schedules of accommodation
- Healthcare process design and quality systems
- Design development and facility planning
- Stakeholder engagement
- Development of patient pathways using ’Lean thinking’
If you’d like to talk about how our Healthcare Planning team can support your project, contact Tina Nolan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tell us how we can help?
Background: Essentia were appointed by a recently merged Trust which had inherited ageing and dysfunctional facilities reflecting a legacy of underinvestment. Recognising that long term clinical and financial sustainability required not only investment in new buildings but transformational change in models of care, patient pathways and ways of working the…
The issue: Kettering General Hospital (KGH) found itself with an Emergency Department (ED) service that was too small, too limited in scope and unsuited to the spectrum of urgent care needs of its patients. The existing Emergency Department opened in 1994 to serve 50,000 attendances per year; this has since…
The issue: King’s Health Partners is one of five Academic Health Sciences Centres in England. It brings together a world-leading research-led university (King’s College London) and three successful NHS Foundation Trusts (Guy’s and St Thomas’, King’s College Hospital and South London and Maudsley). The Board has recently considered how the…
The issue: Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust (GSTT) is one of London’s leading Trusts and, like many NHS providers, is facing a significant financial challenge. As part of a comprehensive review, the Trust recognised the need to reduce the costs associated with its estate and identified this work…